Still, think baking soda is only meant for cooking? Baking soda is also another incredibly great cleaning alternative suitable to use around kids, pets or people with allergies. You will want to take a look at this amazing list of things baking soda can do around the house:
1. Does your carpet have a nasty mildew-like odor? Don’t reach for that room freshener with toxic cleaning chemicals yet. Just sprinkle a handful of baking soda and let it sit for 15 minutes before cleaning it up with your vacuum cleaner.
2. Use baking soda and a wet sponge for cleaning crayon marks or any marks on the walls or your furniture. Make sure to give it a gentle scrub and wipe off with a dry cloth.
3. Baking soda deodorizes that funky odor in your gym or running shoes. Make sachets and stick them inside your shoes. The smell will be gone.
4. Using too many hair products causes a build up on your scalp. Add a tablespoon of baking soda to your shampoo and rub it into your scalp once a month for gently cleaning and removing the product buildup.
5. Sprinkle baking soda to your trash cans to remove the nasty smell. You can do this as regularly as you want.
6. Add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per gallon of water to make a batch of clear sun tea. Plus it also removes the bitter taste in your sun tea.
7. Mix equal parts of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide to form a paste and use it for cleaning the grout. For best results use a toothbrush to scrub it.
8. For a glowing, soft skin, scrub away dead skin cells with a paste of baking soda and water. Use three parts baking soda and 1 part water for gentle cleaning and exfoliating the skin. Make sure to massage it for a smooth after feel.
9. Diaper rash can be sore and painful. Here’s what you can do to soothe and get rid of diaper rash. Add 1/4 cup baking soda to the bath water to improve the redness. Since baking soda softens the water, you don’t need to use as much soap for cleaning.
10. Sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda for cleaning and deodorizing soiled mattress or carpet especially when your little one or your pet had an accident. Baking soda soaks up the moisture and kills the smell. You can let it sit for two hours and vacuum it after.
11. Kill dust mites on your mattress by sprinkling a mixture of baking soda along with a tablespoon of your favorite fabric softener. Before cleaning it with a vacuum cleaner let it sit for about an hour.
Learn MORE at One Good Thing By Jillee