We all want our homes to be clean, which is why it's so good to incorporate cleaning tips into your routine. These simple life hacks from The Krazy Coupon Lady could change the way you clean your house for the better, making it easier and even less expensive to get the job done. Some people hire professional house cleaners to get their homes clean, but you can learn how to do it just like to pros and do it yourself. Why is it so important to keep our houses clean anyway? Well, it's not only good for our state of mind, but also for our health. Dust that gets piled up contains particles that can cause irritation in your respiratory system, especially if you're already prone to having a dust allergy. You have to admit that cleaning your house also just feels really good. When you've finished your work, you almost feel like you're living in a new house or even in a hotel which makes your home a comfortable, welcoming place to be. If you like to stay on top of the cleaning in your home, this list of 11 floor cleaning tips will help you keep your floors nice and clean. Here are some of the simple life hacks you can put to use in your own home.
1. When you're vacuuming, attach some pantyhose to the hose of your vacuum with a rubber band. This way, you can pick up any small items like loose change, jewellery and toys without sucking them up into the vacuum altogether. This works great when you're vacuuming your sofa or under furniture where small things may fall.
2. To save money and to reduce waste, when you use your Swiffer sweeper, use a fuzzy sock in place of the disposable sweepers. You can have a few of them on hand and wash them as needed, so you always have a clean one handy.
3. If your vacuum starts to have a weird smell, just suck up some cinnamon in it for a natural fix. When you're running it, it'll smell like the spice instead of the funky scent.
4. Make your own natural floor cleaner with one of the simple life hacks on the list. There are actually 3 to choose from. Instead of buying the Swiffer Wet Jet cleaning solution, mix up Murphey's Oil wood cleaning solution with some warm water and put it in your mop. Or, you can mix up lemon juice, white vinegar, water and dish soap for a different Swiffer cleaner. You can also just use a plain old mixture of white vinegar and water with some alcohol in it to prevent any bacteria from growing.
5. If you're sweeping your floors, wet your dustpan before your sweep up the dirt. The water will make the dirt and dust stick to the pan, so it won't float around in the air.
6. Having pets is great, but the fur they leave behind can pile up. If you don't have a good vacuum, changes are that you will have some hair left behind on your carpets. When this happens, just grab some latex gloves and put them on. Then swipe over the carpet to pick up any hairs that the vacuum may have missed. This works really good for those crevices between two stairs.
These are just some of the awesome cleaning tips from The Krazy Coupon Lady's list of floor cleaning hacks. Make sure you check them all out and try out your favourite ones. The Krazy Coupon Lady has plenty of other cleaning tips and simple life hacks as well so check those out too.***
Learn MORE at The Krazy Coupon Lady